The official draw
BELGRADE – In Serbia Palace today was held a gala draw for the World Schools Championship Volleyball that will be in Belgrade and Pancevo from 25 June to 3 July.
At the WSC Serbia will represent High School Veliko Gradiste in the boys competition and Belgrade Sports Gymnasium in girls. Both teams attended the draw ceremony.
The students from Sports gymnasium will compete in Group G along with Greece, Poland and Cyprus, while the boys from High Schools Veliko Gradiste will compete in Group F, where there are, Greece, Chile and Slovakia.
High School Veliko Gradiste Nikola Ilic remarked that he felt great pride that he will wear Serbia jersey in Belgrade on WSC.
- This is a great honor. I'm so happy we're here, we have the opportunity to see all these big names of volleyball. I promise that we will give our best to present our country - said Ilić.
Volleyball player sports gymnasium Mila Đorđević was partially satisfied.
- The Group is not easy, but in any case we will do our best to properly represent Serbia. We look forward to the start the competition- said Mila Đorđević.
Draw at the Palace of Serbia, among others, was attended by:
- - Predrag Peruničić, President of the Organizing Committee of the World School Championship and Secretary of State for Sport
- - Jan Kulen, the Secretary General of the International Federation of School Sports (ISF) and the delegate of the Championship
- - Zeljko Tanaskovic, president of the Serbia School Sport Federation
- - Saša Pavlov, Mayor City of Pancevo
- - Aleksandar Boričić, president of CEV and Vice President of the World Volleyball Federation
President of the Organizing Committee of the World School Championship and Secretary of State for sport Predrag Peruničić stressed that "2016. Is a year of big events - not only in the world, due to the upcoming Olympic Games, but also in Serbia. After water polo, futsal and school sport will bring together the best ... ". Peruničić noted that he is confident that this school and children's competitions take in the spirit of fair play and that children will show adalts how to do it.
Secretary General of the International School Sport Federation (ISF) and the delegate of the championship Jan Kulen said that he is honored to be a bit part of the draw that brought together important names of Serbian sport. Kulen is confident that Serbia will be an excellent host of its first World School Championship.
Mayor of Pancevo Sasa Pavlov noted that his City is proud to help Belgrade in the organization.
The President of CEV and Vice President of the World Volleyball Federation Aleksandar Boričić noted that the Volleyball Federation of Serbia has satisfaction that he is the partner of this competition and that the upcoming event, Day more for volleyball (on the 29 February) will be the best possible announcement of the WSC.
Guests of the draw were representatives of the embassies of the participating countries, and the event is supported by the head coach of Serbia national team Nikola Grbic.
Drawing of lots was guided by the President of Technical Commission for volleyball mrs. Monik Krek Giver, and she has a help in famous volleyball players, vice president of the Volleyball Federation of Serbia and the ambassador of the Special Olympics Vanja Grbic and former captain of the women's volleyball Serbia national team, Red Star volleyball player Čitaković Vesna Djurisic.
In exactly 142 days, on June 25 Serbia, Belgrade, with the support of the town Pancevo will host 64 school teams from 36 countries in which they play the best volleyball in the world. High school, born between 1996 and 1998, 768 of them will play 224 matches in 11 halls and 16 courts. These will take care of 128 professors and about 200 volunteers...